Hello fighters and Happy Holidays! As we all know, 2020 has been a challenging year, but the FGC still had plenty of fight in them. More than 4,000 players joined in to compete in Capcom Pro Tour Online this season. Players battled through 18 online “all-or-nothing” qualifying premiers, with the goal of making it to Capcom Cup 2020. With the year winding down, it’s time to announce details of the season ending grand finale.
Capcom Cup 2020 will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic from February 19-21, 2021. The Street Fighter League World Championship will take place on February 19, with the two best U.S. teams and two best Japanese teams facing off for the world title. February 20 will be Capcom Cup Top 20 and February 21 will be Capcom Cup Grand Finals.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana was selected after an extensive process of reviewing locations around the globe. The resort was selected because of its facilities, travel friendly environment, and stringent COVID-19 protocols.
In order to ensure a safe and successful Capcom Cup 2020, we will be implementing strict protocols to protect our players, staff and production partners:
- Each participating individual will be highly encouraged to produce negative COVID-19 test results prior to arrival in Punta Cana, DR.
- All personnel will be tested while on-site
- All testing will take place in a dedicated testing room. Teams will have testing time blocks to ensure no crossover with other teams or staff. Testing areas will be properly disinfected prior to each personnel’s testing time block.
- An individual who returns a positive COVID-19 PCR test result will not be permitted to participate in on-site activities and will be quarantined within the hotel until proper plans are in place to safely relocate that individual outside of the official host hotel without exposing the individual to other guests or event participants.
- If a positive test result is known, contact tracing will begin immediately to determine who was subject to high-risk exposure to the infected individual.
- All personnel will be staying in their own hotel room and designated Hard Rock Punta Cana Resort areas for the duration of their visit.
- Individuals flying into the Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) are required to follow all airport and airline procedures and protocols related to COVID-19. All arranged shuttles & vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized daily, as well as upon completion of transport.
- All other hotel accommodations will be under the same safety and cleaning protocols set forth by the hotel property. We will work closely with our hotel partners to enforce their current COVID-19 related safety procedures. Upon check in, every individual will receive a PPE kit. The hotel will disinfect and clean all common spaces and high touch surfaces frequently. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the hotel property. Signage will be posted throughout the property reminding guests to appropriately social distance
- The event venue will be designed to allow social distancing and to provide the safest environment for all players, talent and staff. Health and safe use plans will be put in place for components such as designated entry ways, practice stations, signage throughout the venue and equipment sanitization.
- Player practice stations, stage set up and talent stations will be set to allow physical distancing between other individuals. Players will be assigned one practice station for the duration of the event and will not share that practice station with any other individual. All individuals must wear a mask/face covering within the event venue when feasible.
- There is a strict no spectator and no fan attendance policy in effect. Any non-event personnel will be denied entry by venue security staff.
- The safety of our players and staff is our top priority. All players and staff members must adhere to the set protocols at all times. Players that violate protocols are subject to the forfeiture of their appearance fee and removal from the bracket. Staff members that violate safety protocols are subject to disciplinary action.
The total prize pool for Capcom Cup 2020 will be in excess of $200,000 (not including the appearance fee). Capcom Cup 2020 will stream all events across the Capcom Fighters Network, including channels on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Thanks for another exciting year and we look forward to seeing you all on the stream!